What is it?
With an output size going up to 5µ, the ball mill has a proven its ability to grind many materials whatever hard they are.
Balls are placed in a rotating drum with the product. Products are ground thanks to the friction and the impact resulting from dropping the balls against the product and the collision between particles themselves. The miling intensity depends mainly on the drum’s speed, the balls size and material as well as the amount of time the product remains in the chamber.
Depending on the application and the expected results, grinding can be done using a dry or a wet process. And, according to the desired flow rate, it ban be batch or continuous milling.
During continuous milling, particle size classification solutions (sieving, ventilation separator, hydrocyclone,...) are inherent part of the milling solution to ensure expected outcomes.
Widely used in all sectors of industry:
- Control of the particles size of the end product,
- Flexibility of use,
- Facility of moving from one milling process to another,
- Possibility to ventilating, heating or cooling down the drum,
- Easy installation and maintenance,
- Long-lasting mill balls,
- Adaptation of the quality of the balls and the coating of the drum,
- Milling in a humid or dry environment.