What is it?
For primary, coarse or medium milling, the roller mill crushes and/or tears the material while keeping strict distribution of particles.
The material is crushed between two cylinders, which can be smooth or with teeth or grooves, in slow or quick rotation, all of this selected according to the nature of the product and the milling required. The spacing between the cylinders is set based on the required particle size. This type of milling generates very little fine matter.
The compressive force between the two cylinders is ensured by set springs or by hydraulic pistons.
The roller mill is for coarse or primary reduction of hard, abrasive, or even adhesive materials in the following areas of application:
- Environment & recycling
- Minerals, fertiliser, mineralogical chemistry
- Food, pharmacy, fine chemicals
- A reduction ratio: 5…..10:1
- Strict particle distribution,
- No heating of product,
- Minimum dust emissions during milling,
- Compression springs suited to the product being ground
- Foreign bodies and/or materials that can’t be ground pass through the machine without damaging it